Inviting reconciliation to God, self, and others at the intersection of faith, sexuality, and gender identity.
Empowering willing Christians and sexual minorities to move towards loving one another boldly.
God moved into our neighborhood and befriended us while we were still God’s enemies. In an attempt to model God’s self-sacrificial love, demonstrated in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ, we dedicate ourselves towards living the following values.
- Offensive Sanctuary: We will not exclude anyone from the table or from the conversation, no matter how inglorious their presence may be.
- Treasonous Friendship: We will not permit personal or communal loyalties to ideology, labels, or tribes to prevent us from befriending each other.
- Conflicted Conviction: We will not trample over or ridicule each other’s beliefs, even though they make us wildly uncomfortable.
- Subversive Listening: We will not ignore or invalidate each other’s stories, knowing that to listen is to invite change in the world’s systems and in ourselves.
- Narrative Honesty: We will not shy away from honoring truth wherever it is found.
- Insolent Kindness: We will not fail to be good to each other, always honoring the dignity and inherent worth of every human being.
- Obstinate Loyalty: We will not give up on or dismiss each other, no matter how angry a conversation makes us.
We are deeply persuaded that agreement with one another’s political, theological, moral, or philosophical perspectives is not essential for moving towards loving one another boldly. Some beliefs, however, are essential to our faith. Therefore, as an organization, we declare:
- We believe in one God the Almighty maker of heaven and earth and Lord of all things, seen and unseen.
- We believe God is all-loving and is intimately involved in our lives.
- We believe in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, through which we are reconciled to God, ourselves, and one another.
- We believe that Christ will return and reign forever.
- We believe that a faithful Christian life is one submitted to the Lordship of Jesus.
- We believe that it is only the Holy Spirit that can bring about transformation and lasting growth in the lives of individuals and communities.
- We believe in the Bible as the true narrative account of God’s nature, will, and interaction with humanity.
- We believe all people are created in the image of God and therefore should be treated with dignity, kindness, and respect.