We are called to Thanksgiving this week, and so, here I give you mine.
As Executive Director of LOVEboldly, I have much for which to be thankful:
- For my leader and Savior who has redeemed my life and who shows me His immeasurable goodness and faithfulness daily.
- For my LOVEboldly co-leaders: Justin, a man of conviction and spirit whose example encourages and challenges me to live in the same way: simply and giving freely, modeling community, loving and serving family, and trying to be like Jesus. Christy, who demonstrates unmatched boldness in facing her fears that others might benefit, whose love and dedication to the Lord and to his leadership in her life reminds me of my own need to submit every piece of me to Him, and whose honesty about her own questions and struggle inspire me to be more honest about my own. I am so thankful for the ways they both bring life and fellowship and FUN to the work of LOVEboldly, and to me in particular when I need it the most.
- For the ways all of you have welcomed me into your families, your joys and sadnesses, and your confidences, questions, fears, hurt, and frustrations with the Christian faith community.
- For the ways all of you have welcomed me into your families, your joys and sadnesses, and your confidences, questions, fears, hurt, and frustrations with the LGBT community.
- For the incredible blessing of serving as Executive Director, and watching as many of my hopes and dreams for the LGBT community and the church have unfolded into reality as hearts grow and are transformed.
- For each act of grace and hospitality that has been extended to us and to our message, and for each story I’ve been privileged to hear and share in.
- For my faithful critics, who speak to me with dignity, decency, and civility, while still calling me to account for my missteps or oversights.
- For my unfaithful critics, whose painful words or actions give me opportunity to practice what I preach and show me how easy it is to fail at it.
- For the incredible support we’ve received from you all – through words, advice, volunteer service, dollars, and prayers.
I am so thankful, everlastingly grateful, for the enormous pleasure of the work of LOVEboldly, and for each of you who have shared in it.